Effective August 15, 2019
This policy describes what personal information we collect and how we use it.
Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect
InLighten Films collects information when you visit our website, create an account, edit your account information, or use features on the platform. Some of this information is technical information automatically logged by our servers. Outlined below are the types of information, both directly from you and indirectly through the collection of information by third-party service providers (together, “Partners”) that we specifically collect.
You authorize us to use, store, and otherwise process any personal information which relates to and identifies you, including (but not limited to) your name and address, to the extent reasonably necessary to provide the services which are available through our website, our Partners, successors, assignees, associates, sub-contractors, or other third parties.
- The registration process for Registered Users;
- Use of areas of the InLighten Films website, in which you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, username and password, falling under the registration process for Registered Users (“Registration Process”);
- Payment made directly to InLighten Films from which we collect Personal Information such as your name, billing address, and e-mail address, if you have not already provided these details.
- We also collect (but do not retain) credit card numbers which are processed by a third-party payment vendor subject to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. By using a third-party vendor, your information is subject to use based on the vendor’s terms of service and policies. InLighten Films encourages you to review these policies carefully;
- Surveys. Periodically, InLighten Films may invite you to participate in completing online surveys. If you have created a InLighten Films account, information we collect from these surveys may be associated with you personally;
- Contact you regarding your subscription, as to the quality of the service, as well as any potential errors that may have occurred;
- Voluntary submissions to InLighten Films requesting information about our products and services, signing up to receive information from us, or sending us an e-mail;
- E-mail subscriptions. InLighten Films may also compile a subscription list to which you voluntarily submit your name, mailing address, and/or email address. The purpose of such a subscription list would be to send you periodic updates to subscribers on matters of interest, provided you will have the ability to opt out of further communications in accordance with procedures described in each such update.
- Non-Personal/Other InformationIn addition to the Personal Information, we and our Partners may collect additional information that does not personally identify you (“Other Information”). Other Information may include information collected:
- From Your Activity. Information that we or our Partners may automatically collect when you visit, access, and/or use the Platform, including, but not limited to your IP address, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, which sections of the InLighten Films or Partner website you visit, number of links you click while on the Platform, search terms, operating system, general geographic location, and technical information about your mobile device.
- Do Not Track (“DNT”). InLighten Films assumes no responsibility for responding to “Do Not Track” web browser signals. Consult external website policies regarding their responses to DNT signals.
Partners include, but are not limited to:
- You. You are considered a Partner through the information that you voluntarily provide to us that does not identify you personally.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Search Engines and Other Sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with InLighten Films, such as archive.org or google.com, may crawl the Site and make available to the public publicly-available content and postings from the site. The Site may also contain links to other websites. InLighten Films is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. InLighten Films encourages its visitors and users to be aware of such search engines and other sites when they leave the Site and to read the privacy statement of each website they visit.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use Personal Information and Other Information to provide you services, process your payments, solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services, personalize communications, and to improve our Platform.
We may also use and/or share Personal Information, Other Information, and User Content as described below:
- We may from time to time share Personal Information and Other Information with other companies who may provide such users information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, such users will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing by contacting us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance and customer service. These other companies will have access to Personal Information and Other Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand visitors to our site and our products and services, we may analyze Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify individuals personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of the Personal Information and Other Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control with us.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Personal Information and the Other Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of InLighten Films or others.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
Upon request, InLighten Films will grant individuals reasonable access to Personal Information that we and our agents hold about them. For example, visitors to the Platform who have provided Personal Information to us may review and/or make changes to the same by contacting InLighten Films. In addition, individuals may manage their receipt of marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any InLighten Films marketing e-mail or by following the instructions found on the Platform. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect Personal Information and Other Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platform may not be secure, and you should, therefore, take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
Links to External Websites
Except with respect to Charity Representative Users as discussed above, it is InLighten Films’s policy not to disclose any personal information we collect to third parties for direct marketing purposes under any circumstances. However, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 requires that all California residents be afforded the option to exercise your choice of whether your personal information may be shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or not, as well as to receive information specified in the statute if your personal information is disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, if you are a California resident and you wish to inform InLighten Films whether you permit or refuse the sharing of your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes, or if you wish to request certain information if your personal information were to be disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
How to Contact Us
Our intent is to promptly reply to every message we receive. This information is used to respond directly to your questions or comments. We may also file your comments to improve our services in the future.